How To Apply to PREP
*** We have unofficially filled all of our spots for the 2020-2021 PREP year. We thank you for your consideration and ask that you please check back with us in October for the 2021-2022 PREP posting.
**Current Applicants are still being considered and will be reviewed.
How to Apply:
- Go to UNM jobs (https://unmjobs.unm.edu/)
- Click on "Search for a job"
- Search for "Research Assistant/PREP Scholar"
- Click on "Research Assistant/PREP Scholar"
- Click on "Apply now"
Required for your online application:
- A cover letter indicating how you meet the eligibility criteria, in particular, please address 1) how you self identify in an underrepresented group and, 2) why you require an additional year of training before entering graduate school, 3) how you address other eligibility requirements. Please upload this to the cover letter section.
- A Resume/Curriculum Vitae. Please upload this in the Resume section.
- A Statement of Future Career Goals, and how this training program will assist you in attaining those goals. Applicants whose primary interests lie in application to Medical School or Pharmacy School will be disqualified.
Aprioritized list of three PREP Faculty Mentors whom you have identified from the mentorslist. Additional professors at UNM will be eligible to be PREP Mentors, so if you identify an individual not on the list please let us know. Please upload this in the Other section.
In addition to your online application, we ask you to send in the following documents
- A minimum of THREE letters of recommendation
- ALL official college transcripts (
unofficalcopy will be accepted for review purposes)
Please send or have these documents sent to:
- PREP C/O Antonio Bañuelos
219 Yale Blvd NE