How To Apply to PREP@UNM and UNM Cancer-PREP
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 PREP cohort, which will be supported by PREP@UNM and UNM Cancer-PREP. We do not have a specific deadline and will continue to accept applications until positions are filled. However, start dates for employment are usually mid-July. For best consideration, please submit applications as soon as possible.
Please note, persons who qualify for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
- Click here. If that doesn't work, do the following:
- Go to UNM jobs (https://unmjobs.unm.edu/)
- Click on "Search for a job"
- Search for "Research Assistant/PREP Scholar" or type in "req25011"
- Click on "Research Assistant/PREP Scholar"
- Click on "Apply now"
Required for your online application:
- A cover letter indicating how you meet the eligibility criteria, in particular, please address 1) how you self identify in an underrepresented group, 2) why you require an additional year of training before entering graduate school, and 3) how you address other eligibility requirements. Please upload this to the cover letter section.
- A Resume/Curriculum Vitae. Please upload this in the Resume section.
- A Statement of Future Career Goals, and how this training program will assist you in attaining those goals. Applicants whose primary interests are attending Medical School or Pharmacy School will be disqualified.
- PREP offers biomedical research opportunities across a variety of disciplines including (but not limited to) the following list. Provide a brief Research Statement indicating your research interests, including the top two - three research areas you are interested in experiencing and why. Your research interests do not need to be limited to this list, but your interests do need to be related to biomedical research.
- Brain and Behavioral Neurosciences/Psychology
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Engineering
- Biological Modeling and Statistics
- Cancer Biology
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- Community-Based / Health Disparities, Social Biology
- Comparative Organismal Biology
- Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Genetics, Genomics
- Infection Disease, Immunity and Comparative Immunology
- Provide a prioritized list of three potential mentors whose research overlaps with your interests whom you have identified from the mentors list or otherwise. Any professors at UNM may be eligible to be PREP Mentors, so if you identify an individual not on the list please let us know. Please upload this in the Other section.
- A minimum of THREE letters of recommendation.
- All official college transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted for review purposes)
Please send or have these documents sent to:
Or:PREP C/O Kelly Miller
Department of Biology
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131